Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ambrosia Bakery...a little slice of heaven in Baton Rouge

My mum and I got up early because one of our favorite stores, the Royal Standard, was having it's annual tent sale.  After we got most of Christmas shopping done, we decided to take a little detour to Ambrosia Bakery, my favorite bakery in Baton Rouge.  Before we even stepped inside we were overwhelmed by the sweet smell of their baked goods.  I don't know how anyone works there.  I would totally get fired for "sampling" the goods.  There are SOOO many choices, they are all reasonably priced and seem to be mini works of art.  We took about 20 minutes taking in all the sites and enjoying the view until we made our choices.

I decided to bring home Jason a Napoleon - which is his all time favorite dessert.  Unfortunately they were out.  As far Jason goes....you can never go wrong with a cinnamon roll.  At Ambrosia they are about the size of loaf of bread and delicious, of course.  My mother got the lemon danish for her and an apple fritter for my dad.  I got Jason's mom and step dad some cannolis and mini cheesecakes.  For Abby and me....I can barely even believe it.  They had a whole tray of Black and White Cookies..that might not sound like much, but believe me, they are hard to find in South Louisiana.  I actually think this is the first time I have seen them.  I haven't eaten mine just yet..it will have to wait until tomorrow.  Jason and I are getting ready to go to Jubans for a beer pairing dinner.  I can barely wait to describe that experience!

3 comments:

  1. Is this the place that has those amazing dark chocolate croissants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ambrosia. Their jalapeño sausage rolls are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think the items you got were delicious, you should try a slice of their fresh strawberry cake. It is the best!

    ReplyDelete